"Push" Walk July 3, 2020

Hey peeps. What's up!!! Yesterday I decided to get myself ready for a "Push" day. What's a "push" day? Very simply, a "push" day is a walking day that I use to push myself to get a long walk in. I've been meaning to take a walk around Randall's Island, so yesterday was a good day as any. How do I get to Randall's Island from the Bronx? There are a couple of ways that I could get there. Here was my itinerary:

- walk to the Soundview Ferry
- take the ferry to East 90th Street
- walk from the East 90th Street along the East River Walkway
- take the footbridge over to Randall's Island

And off I went. Here are the breakdowns for the walk. 




Now I apologize for the three images. My GPS went a little wonky and had me walking on water to and from Astoria. I'm not that skilled 🤣🤣🤣. Luckily I was able to edit the walk through Strava but it left me with three different walks.

As you can see I started at the East 90th Ferry, over the footbridge and walked along the Queens facing side of the island. What I found interesting was that a couple of years ago, a new footpath was built under the Hell's Gate Bridge tracks that led into the Port Morris neighborhood of the Bronx. 


After exploring that area for a bit, I went back to Randall's Island and did the rest of the loop around the Manhattan side of the island. Back over the footbridge to the East 90th Street Ferry station. Not a bad walk, right? 

In total, I walked 7.72 miles to and from the East 90th Ferry. I also walk to and from the Soundview Ferry for a combined 2.50 miles. Not bad for an impromptu "push" walk. Now to come up with the next "push" walk excursion. I'll keep you posted.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020