Veggie Fare at Yankee Stadium Redux June 26, 2019

A little more than a year ago I posted On The Hunt for Veggie Fare at Yankee Stadium June 14, 2018 concerning my attempts to find veggie fare at Yankee Stadium. This year I'm still on the hunt and finding that the struggle is real. I went to two games this past week and both times I found that I was stymied to find some veggie grub. There were a couple of excuses that I was given from "we're out" to "the delivery never came" or "the food was never made." Lo and behold that makes for a frustrating interaction. Luckily those excuses are never made for the beer 😂. But I was able to find something to eat both times and wanted to describe to you all what they were.

On Thursday I visited the Sushi stand on the main level. Considering that I was getting freshly made sushi at Yankee Stadium, paying $30 for two rolls was fairly economical.


The roll on the left was the Rainbow Roll (California Roll with Shrimp on top) and a Bronx Roll (Spicy Salmon and Cucumber) with Avocado and Salmon on top. Both rolls were delicious but as with my experiences having sushi, I was hungry after eating. 🤷🏽‍♂️

On Monday I found that it was a bit harder to find some grub. Luckily Bareburger, also on the main level was able to provide me with some food after both the Mac and Cheese and Corn Fritters from the Mighty Quinn was nowhere to be found.

I had the Guadalupe Burger which was made with a Black Bean pattie on green leaf topped with picked red onions, guacamole and pico de Gallo on a brioche bun. I also had the Impossible Sausage topped with pickled jalapenos, caramelized onions on a pretzel bun with an order of Fried Avocado bites with Habanero Mayo dipping sauce.

I've read conflicting articles on the Impossible brand of veggie foods. Some are positive and some are negative. This is the first time that I've had any of their products. I have to be honest, it wasn't quite like having an authentic sausage and peppers sandwich, but in terms of flavor it came close. The link didnt have that juiciness that you would find with a good old fashioned sausage.


The fried Avocado bites were interesting. Jordan tried one and didnt know how to feel about the conflicting textures of the crunchy outer shell and soft avocado filling. I liked it, especially with the Habanero mayo sauce. On to the Guadalupe Burger.


This offering was the best of the three items I got though Jordan said that the burger reminded her of the Nasty Patty from Spongebob Square-Pants. Here, take a look for yourselves.


I can see why she said that. 🤣 But looks notwithstanding, it was tasty burger. I liked the combination of the black bean with the guac and pico. The only issue I could find is that the patty broke up while eating. So I ate it open faced by eating only one half of the bun. Regardless, that meal was roughly a total of 1900 calories 🤯 I know right? Luckily in terms of total calories for the day I was around 2400 but I still need to hit the Peloton and pavement a little harder the next few days.

The last few games and the eating proved to be quite the problem. I hate eating the same things over and over again. Variety is the spice of life after all. I find that I might be relegated to eating before the game, either at home, at someplace outside the Stadium or to bring food in. My next game is in mid July. I'll come up with something by then...I hope.

Any thoughts? What do you vegetarians do for food when attending a sporting event. Hit me up. Let me know what you do.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018