On The Hunt for Veggie Fare at Yankee Stadium June 14, 2018

As I mentioned in my last post, Yankee Stadium, like most Major League Baseball stadiums are a carnivorous den where the smell of cooked meat permeates the air. Now while I'm sure there are vegetarian/vegan options, I've never had to look for any.

Really now, I go to the ballpark to have hot dogs, sweet sausage with peppers and onions, pulled pork, steak sandwiches and other meat delicacies. But going Meatless in June is going to prove a challenge at the ballpark. I'm up to it. Let's see what I can find in my travels around Yankee Stadium.

I took my cue from the article Healthy fare on the menu at Yankee Stadium and Citi Field from AM New York by Meredith Deliso dated April 28, 2015. The article lists the following vegetarian/healthy options at Yankee Stadium:


Keep in mind that the article was from 2015, so some of the offeringa may have changed. Here we go.

Walking around the stadium, I did find a number of vegetarian offerings. Though as you can see from the picture, nary a veggie option was found at Lobel's:


Enough of the meat, here's a sampling of some of the veggie food I came across:


I think next time I might give the sushi a go-go. I was tempted to get some of those Oreo Churros. And for the moment of truth???? Here is what I got for myself:


A Boar's Head Italian Veggie panini with grilled eggplant, mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers and pesto, accompanied by a potato knish. 

You can never go wrong with a knish. The panini was small but tasty. And I paired it with a Goose Island 312. Haven't had one of those in a long time. Overall, while I'm still hungry, I don't have any complaints. LOL😝.

It'll be Peanut butter jelly when I get home!!! 


Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018