Gardein Ultimate Beefless Burgers November 17, 2018

Having gone Meatless now for over five months, I'm always on the lookout for new products to try. Now I'm not one of these former meat-eaters to crave meatless foods that resemble foods that contain meat. But I believe that I have come across one.

Thanks to the iBotta app, I was introduced to the Gardein line of vegetarian and vegan foods. The app gives me .50 cents on each purchase for up to five items of the Gardein line. The first one I tried was their Ultimate Beefless Burger. Here are the ingredients in this particular patty from their website:

I have to be honest, I've had a number of veggie and vegan patties from different brands and this is the closest I've noticed a patty taste like a burger. I simply pan fried it on a griddle, added some provolone cheese on a potato roll with mayo and Pace salsa. I closed my eyes, took a bite and it seemed like beef to me. It was pretty damn delicious. Even had that cooked/fried taste that pan fried patties tend to have.

Like I said, I'm not looking to replicate the sensation of meat in my meatless patties. But if I ever do, I know of at least one patty that will do that. Here is the caloric breakdown for the Gardein Ultimate Beefless Burger:


Any other vegetarian and vegan patties you gals and guys would recommend? I'd appreciate any info you would like to share.

Until Then Keep Stepping
#SiscoVanilla 
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping 
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018