My First Week Using CharityMiles November 15, 2018

I just finished my first week using the Charity Miles app that I downloaded and posted about on my post entitled Charity Miles App November 8, 2018 and I wanted to let you know what I think of it so far.

Before I go into the mileage, I wanted to give a quick description of the app. After you download the app, open an account and choose a charity to raise funds with your miles accrued by biking or walking, you set your workout and hit the road (or the treadmill/exercise bike.) A number of articles that I've read specify that by using the CharityMiles app, you'll earn 10 cents a mile for biking and 25 cents a mile for walking and running. The money comes from corporate sponsors that back the apps fundraising efforts. The first charity I chose to back is the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (MS Society.) Let's take a look at my progress so far.

As you can see from the image, I've walked 28 miles in 21 sessions over a seven day period. Now that is not to say that I have walked only 28 miles over that seven day period, but for the purposes of the app, I've only logged my outdoor walks by activating my GPS. Many of those walks are to and from both home and work and the train. I have yet to track my indoor steps. I want to see how keeping the app running indoors affects my battery. Based on the amount of miles I've logged 28 x .25 cents per mile = $7.00 dollars to the MS Society.

Now some of you might think, shit that's just $7.00 but over the life of the app, if  I average 28 a week over let's say a year that 28 x52 = 1.568 miles. Multiple those 1,568 miles x .25 cents = $364 dollars raised. That's simply #364 dollars raised for a charity doing something that I was already doing. And after I tried to raise money for the Breast Cancer Walk this past October and seeing how hard that was, being able to raise money for a charity with minimal effort apart from walking is amazing.

I'll keep tracking my progress and see how much I can raise. Anyone out there using the app? Let me know what you think. Drop me a line in the comment box.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018