Monday Motivation November 12, 2018


Many of you are revved up for the weekend when Friday arrives. For someone who it seems has worked the traditional weekend now for decades, as the image above says, I get fired up about Mondays in the same way that you all get fired up about Friday. Why? Allow me to elaborate.

We're in the beginning stages of the holiday season at Barnes and Noble and the BN Café is not exempt from the rush. This was one busy weekend in the middle of a busy stretch. My next day off is Thursday the 15th with the Thanksgiving weekend looming on the horizon. I had all the intentions of sleeping in today before my late shift at the café. But, as we all know, best laid plans and all that jazz. I didn't sleep in, but was able to wake up naturally without the aid of an alarm. For me that is a plus. I detest having to wake up to an alarm. I find it to be unnatural. I hate alarms. Always have. Today marks the beginning of a goal.

From now to January 8th, I'm going to try and make enough money on my bar shifts to pay off at least one more credit card and hopefully the remaining balance of the peer-to-peer loan through Lending Club. As you might have read in past posts, I am on a mission to be Debt Free by 50 and up to now I've been able to pay off five credit cards (closing four of them) and one loan. By no means will I be done if I reach my goal on January 8, 2019. But it would definitely put me on stronger footing financially to start the new year.


I intend to not have my personal Mount Debt keep growing as I climb it. But...as I have also mentioned on prior posts and on my social media platforms, I am tired folks. For the last year I have worked a minimum of 50 hours a week, roughly six days a week at a minimum and that's not counting the 15-20 hours of transportation. It a lot of this 46 year old body. I don't have the energy I did at 20-25 years of age when I worked two to three jobs at the same time. I mean really now, who needs sleep in their early 20's.

As you see from Bugs' face t's not the same in the mid 40's.

So depending on where I stand on the finances, I might make a choice at year's start. What that is has yet to be determined. I'll make sure to keep you all posted, regardless on what choice I make if any.

Anywhoo, its time to make some to eat for lunch to bag for work. I hope everyone has a great day and great week ahead.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018