Walking Advice from Edward Payson Weston May 29, 2019


This is really amazing advice. I do have to say that I find myself feeling refreshed after a long walk. As I like to say "Walking is better than therapy." Many a creative person such as Dickens, Thoreau and Twain to name a few engaged in walking to get the creative juices flowing.

In the following quotes from Professional Pedestrian Edward Payson Weston, he recommended doing 10 miles a day which for me translates to roughly 20,000 steps (2K steps per mile.) 10 miles a day might not work with everyone's schedules, but we all should make an effort to got out and get a couple of miles in at a time at the very least. How can we do that?

- Sleep less and get an early start
- Walking to and from the train rather than taking a bus
- Getting off a few stops earlier than your destination and walking
- Walking to a train stop further away on the line you are riding
- Take a walking lunch
- Take a walk after dinner to get your body active while digesting
- Plan adventures and expeditions to places where you can get your steps in like the park, zoo, beach, hiking trails even city streets.

While I have to say that for me, working days was much more conducive to getting more steps in than working nights, I'm trying to find ways to hit my minimum of 12.5K steps. We just have to think of ways to do so while having fun and being adventurous.

How are some of ways you go about getting your steps in. Let me know.

Until Then Keep Stepping
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018