A Walk Through Pugsley Creek and Castle Hill Parks July 2, 2018

People tend to think that the Bronx is all an urban jungle. While that's partially true, the Bronx has the most parkland of all the five boroughs. Pelham Bay Park alone has 2,765 acres, which is roughly three times bigger than Central Park. On the list of the top 10 ten largest parks of NYC, the Bronx has three of them (Pelham Bay Park, Van Cortlandt Park and Bronx Park.) While I have a future walk in Pelham Bay Park in mind, today I've walked a smaller set of parks in my neighborhood: Pugsley Creek and Castle Hill Parks.

Situated in the Soundview and Castle Hill neighborhoods of the Bronx, both parks are a marvel of wetlands and marshes. Very often you can see cranes and egrets on the muddy shorelines, in addition to a number of birds, snakes and the occasional stray cat:


All I saw today was the stray cat. But no matter, there are always sights to see in the parks.

The walk along the path and near the marshes came out to a total of  2.9 miles along the length of both parks in 73 minutes for 6,104 steps. I would have walked some more but the heat was stifling and I didn't want to overdo it.

Here are some of the sights I saw on my walk through Pugsley Creek and Castle Hill Parks.


The city park paths are there to walk and bike. We need to use them and enjoy them. Regardless where you live, go out and hit those trails and paths at your local parks. Any recommendations on where to walk? Give me a heads up!!!

Until Then, Keep Stepping
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

"Push" Walk July 3, 2020