Maple Salmon Burgers with Salsa July 1, 2018

Well, July 1st is here and I guess that based on the meal I'm going to profile, I'm not only Meatless in June, but also Meatless in July. Last night I went to the new Shop Rite supermarket by me and saw that they had a pair of Maple Salmon Burgers at the Fishmonger stand.

Now I'm not one to eat salmon very often. To be honest, I think I can count on a couple of fingers the times that I have had salmon. But how bad could the two burgers be. Right? And for $4.50 it wouldn't be a big dent on the wallet.

I threw them on a grill plate sprayed with non-stick spray and after a few minutes on each side, I came out with the following:


My experience with salmon is that the meat tastes "fishy." Yes I know I sound like a little kid when I say that but it can be a bit off-putting. I put a little salsa on top of the burger:


I paired with a Blue Moon Belgian Wheat Beer and have to say that that I was pleasantly surprised. The salmon had a nice crispy top from the grilling and didn't really have much of the aforementioned "fishy" tasty.  The salsa gives it a nice spicy touch.

I'm glad that I picked these up. Will definitely get these again for a midday meal. Any recommendations on your favorite fish? Let me know. I'm all ears. Drop me a line in the comments box.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

"Push" Walk July 3, 2020