Homemade Arnold Palmer July 5, 2018


I hope everyone had a safe and festive Fourth of July. I know I did. Sat back with some friends, had some food and drinks. It was a very nice way to enjoy the birthday of the good old U.S.A. My other website, SiscoVanilla Serves and Drinks will profile the libations that I made for the festivities in the following post: SiscoVanilla Makes The Libations for the 4th July 5, 2018.

As part of one of the drinks, I used a premade Arnold Palmer that I made a couple of days ago. For those of you who don't know who or what an Arnold Palmer is, the drink is named after legendary golfer Arnold Palmer and is basically half iced tea and half lemonade. Salud to you Mr. Palmer.

While the classic recipe is Iced Tea and Lemonade, mine was made slightly different. Making it is a two step process. First comes the iced tea. I used Earl Grey Lavender organic black tea made by the Choice Organic Tea Company. I steeped three bags in 20oz of hot water and set it aside to cool. After tasting it, it was a delicious tea but I could barely taste the lavender. It didn't register on my palate. Next came the Lemonade.

In this case I made a hybrid Lemon/Limeade. Why? I found that I had extra limes in the fridge and wanted to make something a bit different. While I juiced three lemons and four limes for a total of 1 cup of juice, I made my simple syrup. The simple syrup consisted of half a cup of boiling water and a combination of half a cup of white and brown sugars. Why this combo? I didn't have enough white sugar but had some brown sugar left over in the pantry. Sometimes we need to improvise. Once the water is boiling, stir in the sugar until it fully dissolves and put aside. When cooled, add to the lemon/lime juices, stir and refrigerate. Here are the two concoctions:


I found it to be perfect. Not too sweet and not too tart. It was delicious on its own and it was delicious as part of the Adult Arnold Palmer that I made for the 4th with Tito's Vodka. I highly recommend you take the time to make a homemade Arnold Palmer instead of buying it with all the extra unnecessary ingredients and additives.

Any recommendations for iced teas and juices? Drop me a line and let me know what you guys like to drink. I'll make them and post them. 

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

"Push" Walk July 3, 2020