Halo Top Ice Cream July 16, 2018

If any of you truly know we, you know that ice cream is my krypronite. I can kill a container in a sit down. Especially it is partially melted. 😍😍😍 For a while now I've been recommended to try the Halo Top line of ice creams. But until now I wasn't able to find them in my area. A few weeks a new Shop Rite opened in my neighborhood and they had the good old Halo Top on sale. Guess who picked some up: This guy right here.


Actually, I bought some twice. I know, you must think I'm such an oinker 🐷🐷🐷, but in my defense, they gave me a $1.50 off of five coupon plus iBotta had a $.75 rebate for up to five Halo Top ice creams purchased.

Never heard of iBotta? I recommend that you read the posts Three Apps to Help Save Money Through Shopping from September 26, 2016 and Update on the Three Apps to Help Save Money Through Shopping from October 15, 2016 from an older blog of mine entitled Observations and Rants of a Native New Yorker. It's been a while since I've updated the money making from those apps, so I'll make sure to do so in the near future. But back to the ice cream.

As you can see from the picture below, I bought the following Halo Top selections.

  • Chocolate Covered Bananas: Kind of chalky though has a nice flavor.
  • Red Velvet: Not sure what it tastes like but it's not Red Velvet. Also very chalky.
  • Rainbow Swirl (Sherbet): my favorite. Very fruity and tasty.
  • Sea Salt Caramel: very light texture. Tasty. Felt as if I was eating sea salt Caramel frozen milk.
  • Lemon Cake: has a somewhat lemony flavor but since it was fairly melted, couldn't tell the texture. Will just have to try again. 😉
  • Vanilla Bean: As close to standard ice cream so far.
  • Pistachio: Had a nice color that you would find with a Pistachio ice cream but aside from that, the taste was very plain and nary a pistachio was to be found. 
I would say that the jury is still out on the Halo Top since I wasn't quite "Wow'd" nor was I turned off by the selections. Guess I will have to keep trying not only Halo Top but also some of the other light ice cream selections that are currently available. I know, its a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Any thoughts on the Halo Top brand of ice creams? Let me know whatcha think in the comments box.

Until Then Keep Stepping:
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaisStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

"Push" Walk July 3, 2020