101 Ways to Transform Your Life by Dr Wayne Dyer

Since I posted something earlier today for Transformation Tuesday, this post seems to be apropos. It seems as if everywhere I go, people are recommending audiobooks to me. At the café and at the bar, people are telling me how listening to audio books have changed their lives in terms of being able to "read" books that they normally would not have been able to physically read. 

In the past I tried to listen to audio books and found that it wasn't my "cup of tea." But not to be closeminded, I downloaded the Libby app to my phone and downloaded the following book:


101 Ways to Transform Your Life by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has been very easy to listen to and to follow. Now I am still currently digesting all 101 affirmations and I promise to post on all of them in future posts. But for this post, I wanted to talk about one of the things that stood out to me from almost the beginning.

Dr. Dyer, who passed away in 2015, stated that we aren't a body with a soul. On the contrary, we are a soul that has a body and that we are a part of something bigger among the universe. Given that, I love how he breaks down the word Transform.

Trans: The act of going beyond. To soar above. 
Form: The physical world that we live in. Our Bodies.  

Going by this breakdown, I take it that to transform oneself is to go beyond the limitations of our physical world aka our bodies. The use of our minds brings about our changes within the greater divine world that surrounds us.

Some of you, especially those of you who might not be religiously inclined might find some of Dr. Dyer's words and affirmations to be against what you believe. Allow me to share a little personal knowledge concerning what I feel about religious beliefs.

First off, I have no issue with what people want to believe. That's on you. I don't personally believe in the idea of a deity sitting behind the pearly gates watching down on us. But do I think that there is something out there that we can't quite touch, taste and feel? Absolutely. That we are part of something bigger? Indeed. But that's just me. Regardless of what you believe in, I think this book can help anyone looking to (as the title says) transform their lives.

For more on Dr. Wayne Dyer, check out his official website: DrWayneDyer.com 

Any other self help books that you all recommend? Please drop me a line in the comment box. Always love finding new things to read and learn from.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018