Some Quick Thoughts About Losing Weight August 28, 2018


Since I started walking in earnest in February 2017, I've lost between 20 and 25 pounds depending on when I weigh myself. I've been stuck between 254 and 257 now for a few months, and decided give this weight loss thing a review.

As you see from my screenshot of my latest weigh in, A's t 256.6 I'm about a little less than 2 pounds heavier since my last weigh in two weeks ago. Now I know many experts say to not pay attention to the scale. That we shouldn't be stuck watching the scale. I dont really pay too much attention to it either way.

Size has always been part of who I've been most of my adult life. As a Process Server and Bouncer, my size was advantageous, even when I hit my highest weight at nearly 350 pounds. Having nicknames like Big Sisco, Big Dog and and Heavy F, the size was more a badge of honor. Now obviously when I pissed some one off, they automatically threw out "Fat Fuck" or any other sayings to make me feel bad. It never worked since like I said, my weight was seen as being advantageous.

But the reality is that physically it was a deterrent. When the back went, and the knees creaked the weight was indeed just that...a weight that pushed down on me. Slowly but surely I lost weight but only recently seriously started watching meals, exercising in earnest and trying to engage in activities that would be beneficial to my health rather than negatively impacting my health.

So 256.6 compared to 350 is definitely nice to look at 😁.

Something else that I noticed just today is how and where the weight has been lost. I hate doing laundry. Detest it. If I could buy a new wardrobe instead of washing clothes, I would. THAT'S how much I hate laundry. But that's not realistic in the least. But I do get to the point where all I have left in my sock and underwear drawer is emergency underwear. What are those? They are two pair of XL boxer briefs that when I bought them years ago were super snug. Uncomfortably snug. Now? They fit quite nicely. To the point that I might have to start getting some new ones in that size. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

And the thought of me in drawers is how I am going to end this post. Any thoughts concerning your weight loss journey? Drop me a line in the comment box.

Until Then Keep Stepping,
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018