What I Have to Deal With at Work June 11, 2018

What's up peeps. For those of you who don't know me personally, I have two jobs:
  1. Bartender at a bar in Brooklyn. You can read more about that here: SiscoVanilla Serves and Drinks 
  2. Café Manager at a chain bookstore café.
Unlike other chain coffee shops that have all their food shipped in boxes and plopped on display plates without any in store baking, we bake our pastries and cookies. Plus we have cheesecakes and other desserts that we sell, which as you all can imagine makes for a tough go when one is trying to lose weight.

Here, take a look at what my team and I have to maintain daily:



This doesn't even include the super sweet hot and cold drinks that we serve. Luckily for me I don't give a flying fig about those. I have my coffee or espresso with one packet of Sugar in the Raw Turbinado Sugar and a little Half and Half, Soy Milk or Almond Coconut Milk blend. But back to the snacks.

The smell that permeates the café when taking out a freshly baked tray of chocolate chip cookies can be quite intoxicating. Customers often times remark of what we are baking based on the aroma. And we currently sell six different kinds of cookies. Kind of makes one feel like this:
You didn't think that I would write about cookies and not post a pic of the main man Cookie Monster. Shame on you peeps. But that's how it can feel. Luckily for me I have tremendous willpower that I can pose for a pic like this one and not take a bite out of the chocolatey goodness that resides on this plate:


Enough of the cookies. Though to be perfectly honest, a cookie every once in a while is more than a suitable snack. If you are taking the effort to work hard at trying to improve yourself, you need to reward yourself. Just do so in moderation whatever the snack or treat might be.

So there you go. Just a small snippet of the temptation that lies at almost every turn on my quest to lose weight and get in shape. 

What kind of snacks and treats do you all enjoy. Enquiring minds would like to know more. 

Until Then, Keep Stepping
SiscoVanilla

#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018