Drinking Alcohol While Not Eating Meat June 13, 2018

For this month of June I've decided to go meatless. What does this mean? Very simply that I will go the entire month of June without eating any meat. I'm not giving up any dairy products but my diet will consist of vegetables, beans, grains and pasta. So far I'm holding strong with the only time where I almost salivated while coming across the smell of bacon being cooked. I looked like Mickey Mouse in the picture below down to the eyes being closed and the big Kool aid smile. 😁


One thing that I didn't keep in mind is how consuming alcohol would affect me. I'll give you an example. Monday night I went out to dinner at Pizzeria UNO after we closed the store. My co-worker Charlotte recommended that I order either the vegetarian flatbread or the Farmers Market deep dish pizza. Her girlfriend is vegetarian and its one of the things that she orders at UNO. The pizza was fine with one small issue: it wasn't enough to fill me up.

I ordered the portion for one person, not keeping in mind that those little portions are not usually enough for me. And that's factoring in that I had a big bowl of stir fry vegetables for lunch. I don't get full. Now add the three big 20oz glasses of Bluepoint Toasted Lager that I had with dinner. Let's just say that I got buzzed way faster than usual.

Had this been a month where I was eating meat, I'd have ordered 20 buffalo wings with the beer and probably had been ok. Now after the initial three beers, I had another two beers accompanied by two Southern Comfort on the rocks. Its safe to say that I woke up yesterday a little beat up. 😰😖😫 Five beers and two drinks in three hours isn't going overboard (at least for me) but not having the extra food to occupy space that meat would in my belly proved to be the difference.

I really have to keep in mind that not eating meat not only changes my eating habits but would also change my drinking habits. Live and learn. Anybody out there have any suggestions from their own personal experience of giving up meat while still consuming alcoholic beverages? Did you have to change your drinking habits?

The next challenge for me will going to Yankee Stadium later today for the Nationals vs Yankees game. The stadium is a carnivorous den where I usually eat a steak sandwich, sweet sausage with peppers and onion and hot dogs. Aside from eating French fries, I need to find an alternative to eat while at the game. I'll post about the experience in the next post.

Until Then, Keep Stepping
SiscoVanilla

#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018