Infused Organic Iced Mango Green Tea With Mint and Lime June 22, 2018


If you've followed my booze blog SiscoVanilla Serves and Drinks,  you've might have seen the posts where I was making infused spirits. For example I would make a Raspberry Vodka by taking a bottle of Vodka and adding fresh raspberries to it and letting it sit until the Vodka took all the flavors and colors from the berries. Voilá, I had Raspberry Vodka.

For today I took a page from that book along with a recipe I found online and made an Organic Iced Mango Green Tea With Mint and Lime. Apparently combining green tea with mint and lime helps with fat burning, digestion and headaches. Here is how I made it.
  • 3 Touch Organic Mango Green Tea Bags
  • 1 Lime
  • 1 Stalk worth of Mint leaves
  • 20oz Hot Water
In a carafe add tea bags, mint leaves and hot water. Juice the lime, add into tea water. Cut up lime carcass and also add to the tea water. Cover and let steep for as long as you like. I did it for about 20 minutes. Add cold water to near the top and refrigerate.

To serve strain the tea through a strainer or just pour into a ice filled glass with tea leaves and lime pulp.

I found it to be very aromatic. The mint leaves stands out immediately while you get the lime and tea in the background. No sweetening of the tea is needed unless you want to make it a sweet tea. It really is quite refreshing.

To add an extra layer after I poured some out in my travel pitcher. I added 1 tea bag to the original iced tea, with 10oz hot water and two handfuls of frozen strawberries and topped it off with cold water. Into the fridge it goes.

I'll let you know how that ones comes out. Do you have any favored tea/water infusions you'd like to share? Drop me a line in the comments box. Can't ever have too many recipes to play with.

Until Then Keep Stepping
#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaIsStepping
#SiscoVanillaHitsTheBricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steps for Week of June 22 - June 28, 2020

Peloton Arid Air Scenic Ride July 1, 2020

Saturday Sass September 29, 2018